Following collaboration with the client and design team Tercon submitted a Stage 1 cost plan. Following this Tercon were commissioned to develop design and a detailed project cost during a Stage 2 Preconstruction Phase.
Tercon were subsequently awarded the construction contract under a JCT Design and Build form with the initial design team retained.
The project involved the construction of a Self-Storage warehouse, 5 retail units and a Drive-Thru Starbucks coffee shop. The site access road was shared with a school requiring careful attention to segregation, control of traffic and liaison with the school staff.
Key elements of work
- Site preparation and enabling works including asbestos removal, on-site crushing of hard material arising and an extensive section of king-post retaining wall with precast concrete infill panels in a party boundary wall
- Shell construction of five retail units and a detached Starbucks coffee shop unit with Drive-Thru facilities
- Shell construction of a large self-store unit with vibropile ground improvement
- An extensive series of S278 highway works to a major city trunk road, requiring extensive mains services alterations and diversions and phased traffic management arrangements
- Construction of a new access road, footpaths and drainage which was shared with a live school main access. All estate access, circulation, parking with hard and soft landscaping