The management contractor was appointed to the development of 376 flats in two new build multi storey blocks in the centre of Bristol within the Temple Quay
Following a two-stage process, during which Tercon supported the development of methodology and best value by working collaboratively with the management contractor, Tercon were appointed to deliver the site preparation, pile mat and guide wall to secant piling, capping beam, bulk excavations, concrete blinding and installation of a large tower crane base.
Tercon also developed and managed approved strategy for identification, testing, segregation and disposal of different levels of contaminated soils and water from the site.
Key elements of work
- Initial site clearance across a large city centre brownfield site followed by reduce level excavation and installation of a piling mat to service a secant piled wall and all bearing piles
- Install a designed guide wall and attendance on all piling operations for 600 piles to the secant basement wall plus 230 CFA bearing piles
- Cropping of secant piles and construct a reinforced concrete capping beam to the basement perimeter secant piled wall
- 10,000 cubic metres of bulk excavation and disposal to form the building basement box including cropping of all piles to required design levels
- Segregation and disposal of 5,400 cubic metres of contaminated hazardous and non-hazardous material