Following preparation of a Stage 1 Cost Plan Tercon were engaged at planning stage to develop all preconstruction design and detailing, submitting a robust Contractors Proposal with a detailed technical design and commercial proposal.
Programme was key for the client as they needed to relocate from an expiring leasehold premises.
LSS are an owner managed business and there was extensive interest and collaboration at all stages of the preconstruction and build processes. Key attention to how the premises would be used was brought into the preconstruction development phase and considered throughout the build.
Key elements of work
- Early Contractor Involvement in design development to deliver the vision of the client business owners
- Site preparation involving a large cut and fill exercise with capping formations across the heavy goods hard surfaced areas
- Deep pad foundations to reach bearing strata to engineer design
- Steel frame and feature Eurobond flush cladding system, with rainscreen glazing to deliver the clean elevations of the required design vision
- Large internal lorry wash down bay
- High specification mechanical and electrical installation with solar power, energy efficient systems throughout and secure entry systems required to meet the client business needs