Following an initial stage 1 tender Tercon negotiated the main contract under a JCT form for the works to be completed to a programme focused on delivery of highways access to the development of a New Aldi supermarket, Travelodge hotel and to open up subsequent development plots for disposal to major residential development of both private and social housing and improved access to existing commercial tenants.
Tercon worked in close partnership with the existing tenants and contractors building the adjacent hotel and supermarket, as well as major statutory services diversions, renewals and the local authority highways department, in coordinating the works and Section 278 reconstruction of a very busy town centre junction.
Key elements of work
- Extensive co-ordination and works in diversion of two major gas mains, public sewers, water and power mains services
- Post demolition site clearance including breaking up of hard surfaces and asbestos removal
- Complete re-configuration of a town centre double roundabout arrangement into a fully traffic signal controlled 5 way junction including all associated works, traffic management and services alterations and renewals
- Re-alignment of an existing section of road to enable new highway construction
- Construction of 280m of new phase 1 infrastructure highway including footpaths, cyclepath and parking area