Following a competitive tender process Tercon were selected by ISG Construction to deliver the groundworks to a major £50m project for the University of the West of England.
The very high profile project was carried out within the centre of a very busy university campus with a requirement to deliver critical milestone external works phases to maintain essential student movements and access.
Tercon quickly developed a very pro-active and collaborative relationship with ISG project staff to work effectively together in eliminating problems and meet project demands. With a high number of specialist contractors on site close attention to site logistics was also required throughout the 2 year project.
Key elements of work
- An initial site enabling works package and piling works were completed by the client prior to the main contract award
- Foundations, lift and stair core pits, basement slab and walls prepared with 2,400m2 of Hydromat Waterproofing
- Extensive small and medium diameter below ground drainage with the substructure and to the external areas. Installation of two large Geolite Rainwater Harvesting Attenuation tanks collecting 1,100 cubic metres of rainwater
- All building infrastructure, basement and external works below ground services systems
- Over 10,000m2 of external hard landscaping preparation plus soft landscaped areas