Following an initial pricing competition Tercon were chosen by Bowmer Kirkland to develop costs and programme prior to being awarded the groundworks to the development.
The contract is for the delivery of phase 1 of three phases which once complete will provide three new office buildings with new infrastructure, surface parking and a new multi-layer car-park.
To optimise programme all ground floor slab preparation and installation was completed following the steel frame and upper floor systems installation. All works were delivered whilst maintaining access routes to existing facilities in other parts of the wider site area which continued operation throughout the build.
Key elements of work
- Site clearance to prepare the Phase 1 site area which was predominantly existing parking and access road
- Further testing and removal of an asbestos contaminated area of ground
- Large cut and fill earthworks with provision of a piling mat for substructure piling works, all piling attendances
- Deep drainage and services diversions to clear the footprint area for the new building
- All substructure works to pile caps and ground beams, lift and stair core bases, ground floor slabs and all drainage and services below slab
- Extensive access road, car-parking, cycle store and energy building substructures, external hard paving and street furniture